Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Our ABC Book

I have not been happy with the ABC books I have created or used for our 3/4 class.  I finally found one on Pinterest!   Find it here!  I was so excited because it combined a simple practice of writing the ABC's and an activity that relates to the letter.  I do not get all up in arms if their writing isn't perfect yet, because that will come with time.  I simply want to introduce them to the letter, practice the sound, and begin to think of words that start with the same letter.   For the activities, I want to do something that works their small motor skills...cutting, tearing paper, drawing a picture of themselves, etc.

As you will see in the pictures, I used some of her same ideas for the book, but changed some to make it work for my program.  We use Handwriting Without Tears so I used their word printing to make the letters. The idea for the letter X can be found here.


I will definitely be making these again for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment