Tuesday, May 21, 2013

B is for Bugs

B is for bugs! I is for insects!  Due to our crazy busy schedule, I only had the chance to take a few pictures from our bugs week.

Centers: I used PreKinders for a lot of this bug theme!  It was a wonderful resource.  Check out this link for the bug jar sorting printables from PreKinders.  I also purchased Learning Resources Backyard Bugs for counting and using them with the jar printables.

I made this addition and number practice activity for my students.  I used the glass beads from the crafts stores and used Modge Podge to adhere black paper to make spots.


 I would tell the students how many dots to put on their ladybugs and then we would add.  I introduced the concept of "Counting On" to the students to help them prepare for Kindergarten.

 For our 3s class I would just tell them which number of spots to put on.  This is a great activity to practice one to one correspondence.
Bulletin Board:
The inspiration for this bulletin board can be found here!

Here are the crafts we did for the different bugs:

  • Ladybug
  • The bumble bee, click beetle, and the ants were from The Mailbox
Circle Time:
For my older students I created Bugs Sentence Strips which are available for sale on my Teacher Pay Teachers store. 

Hope you enjoyed going buggy with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment