Friday, February 15, 2013

V is for Valentine's Day

Hearts were flying these past two weeks with talk of Valentine's Day.  I'll split up my posts because we did so much!

Here are the projects that we did:
 Secret Message: "Jesus Loves You"  I drew a cross, heart and the letter U with a white crayon and let the kids do water color.  They loved the secret message.  What a great time to talk about Jesus' love for us!

 Melting Crayons:  Science, fine motor, and colors all rolled into one activity!  I had the kids peel paper off for fine motor practice.  Then we melted the crayons in the oven...safety first of course!  I had a heart tray from my Valentine's gift to the kids last year so we put the crayons in there to make a new heart crayon!
 Coffee Filter Art...idea found here!

 Button Heart Project...found here!
 The Heart emergent reader book.  I adapted it from pre-k pages.
 Cookie Cutter Hearts...a process project!  I was letting the kids explore the paint and cookie cutters over the product.  I just let them paint!


Valentine Holders...very neat idea found here.
 From the inside
From the outside....The words say "For God so loved the world"...however the black didn't show up like I was expecting it would.  Note to self...use yellow or orange next time!
Heart SunCatchers....adapted from here!

Centers:
 Found these at the Dollar Spot at Target.  I put Candy Hearts out for sorting or matching.
Idea similar to this one.

Valentine's Day Party:

 Snack I made for the kids...idea adapted from this website.
My Valentine's gift to the kids....A note that was included said "Bounce for Joy!  Jesus Loves You!"  Thanks so much to my Mom for finding the Snoopy Valentine's and Bouncy Balls
Graphing with Candy Hearts...packet from prekinders.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment