Friday, August 31, 2012

Teaching Binder

Good Morning to you all!

I pray that your Labor Day weekend will be relaxing and rejuvenating!

Today I wanted to share with you how I am organizing my binder this year.  Last year I had three or four binders going for attendance, Star of the Week and Birthday schedule, faculty devotion schedule and more.  Eeek!  That's too many calendars and schedules to keep track of!

Inspired by other blogs and Pinterest I have condensed and improved my binder...and I am loving it!

I first found a calendar from this blog.  I then plugged in ALL of the following information:

  • School Calendar
  • Star of the Week Schedule
  • Birthdays and Half Birthdays
  • Faculty Devotion Schedule
  • Family to Pray for during the week
  • Weekly Theme
Sweet!  It's all in one spot!  Here are some pictures.
 Teacher To Do List with Post It Notes.
(see original post here)
 I am really working on creating different centers and keeping the student's interest alive.  I have created a check list of sorts that I can refer to and make changes in the classroom.  Whenever I find a new idea on Pinterest, I will add it here!
 In order to hit all my curriculum goals, I have created a chart to help me remember what to work on each month.
 Lesson Plans.  I created my own.  The ones I found in stores just didn't have what I wanted or needed to make my life easier.
 Calendar with EVERYTHING on it.  
 I have the Birthday Bookmark cards already done and organized by month!  Now I won't be running around the day of the child's birthday!  

We are also praying for a preschool family during the week in devotions as part of our Evangelism Plan.  I ordered postcards from Vistaprint that say we prayed for them.  Once they are in, I will put them in here as well (already addressed and stamped of course!)
We are doing a Playdough Club this year, so I got this from here.  I will send home the recipe the week before to the parents.

So there you have it.  My Make It Work Moment of the week.  I am hoping that this will help me be more organized.  What do you do for teacher binder organization?  



No comments:

Post a Comment